Some people haven’t seen Black Swan yet. They shouldn’t to be ashamed, but they should still invest some time in watching the film.
Like The Blair Witch Project, award-winning Black Swan is not what we were expecting to be the next big thing for films. Rather than relying on technology that uses green screens and CGI, Black Swan relied on the mysterious mind and the amazing feats performed in ballet – an artform that’s been around since forever. This low budget passion project cemented Natalie Portman as a Hollywood Movie Star, and made Mila Kunis relevant again (both of the acting in the two lead roles is truly outstanding, and for once with awards I understand why they were nominated over others). Black Swan is now an eternal piece of pop culture (no joke is better than the Two black swans joke on 30 Rock.) That’s why, if you haven’t seen this film, you need to give it a chance.
- It’s beautiful without being too prissy or pretentious.
- Metaphors, themes, you can see so much in this film the more you watch it.
- The costumes.
- The acting.
- The right amount of ballet footage.
- Portman and Kunis killed their bodies for this film.
- The music.
- The cool earrings (no, seriously)….
There are endless reasons to watch this film. And only one reason not to: laziness. I’m a fan of being lazy, but I’m also a fan of Black Swan.
Black Swan DVD Special Features include:
� Metamorphosis: A Three-Part Series
– A behind the scenes look at the filmmaking process from Darren Aronofsky’s visionary directing, to the physically demanding acting, to the stunning special effects.
Black Swan Blu Ray Features: Listed Here
Visit Small Screen Scoop
« Gigolos: Showtime Shows Us All in... | Copy Nina Dobrev’s Fashion... »