Since I’m no country lass, Blake Shelton is really exposing me to some great country music this season on The Voice. But what about you? What songs have the coaches and artists picked that you hadn’t known, but now can’t get enough of?
During the episodes this week, we kept hearing banter between Adam Levine and Blake Shelton about songs. Adam says Blake never knows any of his new/cool music, while Blake is outraged that Adam doesn’t know certain country standards. (Like me, shhh.)
And that’s really what got me thinking. Are other people, like me, finding that for as musically savvy as they may believe themselves to be, there are a few new tracks every week that you’re squeeing about? (Or whatever you do, if geeky squeeing isn’t your thing.)
You don’t have to keep your answer to just season 4 selections. For me, I am pretty amazed by how much I am digging country. You know why? It’s … fun. Even some of those sad songs are way too upbeat not to dance to!
So, my nominations of best song discoveries would be:
- Wanted You More – Lady Antebellum (Duncan Kamakana and Sarah Simmons Wanted You More)
- True Colors – Cyndi Lauper* (Michelle Chamuel True Colors)
- Maybe it was Memphis Pam Tillis – (Danielle Bradberry Maybe it was Memphis)
- Boondocks – Little Big Town (Team Blake Boondocks)
- Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men (Caroline Glaser Little Talks)*
* I’ve heard this song a million times, yet I’ve never, ever liked it. But the cover by Michelle Chamuel…it makes all the difference.
* They hosted SNL recently, and most people were not impressed. This may not be a band I hold onto.