Overwhelmed by complete love for the mid-season finale of The Secret Circle (“Balcoin”), we are more than just a little excited that the show returns with new episodes on The CW this week. Having already gotten to see the episode, it’s hard to keep our mouths shut! And while we can’t tell you everything, we’re going to give you a few hints of what greatness you can expect.
The episode that airs this week (Thursday, January 5) is called “Darkness.” Cassie seeks help when she learns more truth about her origins. Below are five TSC spoilers.
The Secret Circle Spoilers
5. Jake Armstrong (Chris Zylka) took off with other witch hunters in “Balcoin” but we don’t want you to worry too much. He’s still there. Kind of. You’ll see him.
4. Grandma Jane (Ashley Crow) is unwell, and finally people are starting to notice it. Someone might even know who is to blame. It’s nice to know that Gma isn’t forgotten.
3. You’ll do a double take when you hear that Kate (Stefanie Kramer) is Diana’s Grandma. Not her Aunt. Grandma. Kramer certainly doesn’t look old enough to be a Grandma, and she in fact acts more like a cool aunt. Kate is Charles Mom, and not a fan of Dawn. She’s one of the elders, so Dawn isn’t exactly a fan of hers, either. A very tense dinner scene will make you cringe.
2. Cassie (Britt Robertson) as a character thus far has sometimes seemed a bit lukewarm (too saintly/boring) but this episode has her knocking everything out of the park. New realization of what she can do with her powers occurs, causing her to almost accidentally kill Adam. Man, she didn’t mean it! But that might be Cassie’s biggest problem – gaining control of these powers. Look for an amazing special effect sequence towards the end of the episode where Cassie has to pull a major “I’m my own heroine” moment. The cherry on the top of it all? Robertson is rocking some of her best hair of the season. It’s very Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) season 3!
1. Diana (Shelley Hennig) is going to end up feeling guilty by the end of this episode. And that’s after she has to suffer through a particularly awkward moment where Adam literally ignores her presence and confesses unwavering support to Cassie. Oh, Diana. We’re sorry!
- Two unlikely characters will share a bed.
- Someone steps up for themselves.
- Nick isn’t forgotten.
- It’s still autumn on the show, and there’s lots of great scenery in this episode. Including Harbor Woods.
Tune in this Thursday at 9 p.m. on The CW, after a brand new episode of The Vampire Diaries. After the episode airs on the east coast, we’ll have our review go live! Subscribing now will save you time later.
Photo credit: The CW
« Jane By Design Review –... | The Vampire Diaries ‘The New... »