Yipes, reviewing an episode of The Sarah Silverman Show titled “The Proof is in the Penis” may bring some traffic to this post that isn’t intended – but I’ll take that risk. And I’m not really a risk taker. I take an umbrella with me just about everywhere just in case it rains. (And no, I don’t live in Seattle. But I’m like a cat and if I get wet I become a howling banshee.) …The terminology in this post is really bad. And it’s not my fault!
So. Back to the show. “The Proof is in the Penis” has a very simple plot that involves Laura telling Sarah she was born with a penis so she’ll “man up” and get a job, and Brian and Steve being haunted by a ghost that can only be killed with a remote control being thrust into his decayed, bug-filled corpse. Fun for the whole family! As long as your family has no one under the age of 17, and no one over the age of uh…50? When do people stop seeing things as funny and only care about early bird specials? Hmmm.
- There’s fun with grammar! Nerds unite! …Just me then?
- “Was I born with wings?” – Sarah
- Coconut monkey sculpture.
- It only takes one word from Laura to send Sarah into true anger.
- Entourage shout-out, ha. Still never seen an episode of this show. Oops?
- If I was going to get a jet pack, mine would also be blue.
- “Welcome to casa de man.” – Sarah
- “All I need to know is if you want me to kick some ass or take names. I’m kidding. I’ll do both.” – Sarah
- Tambourine shoes, bitches.
- Why don’t I have a cotton candy membership?
- The runtime for this episode is 21: 13. SEE – I’m not just a nerd, I’m anal, too.
- Lady Gaga should have come been a mentor to Sarah. How could they miss out on that chance?
The Sarah Silverman Program airs on Comedy Central and season three’s premiere episode (The Proof is in the Penis) will air Thursday, February 4 at 10:30 p.m ET/PT. Watch it or your penis will shrink.