All good things come to an end – I mean, even those snap bracelets of the 80’s went away. It is with sad, but hopeful eyes that we send off Monk, this Friday, Dec 4th. We will finally learn the truth about Trudy Monk’s death as Monk goes after his wife’s killer. Guest stars for the Monk series finale include Virginia Madsen, Melora Hardin and Casper Van Dien. Yes, yes, and yes! The title of the finale is called Mr. Monk and the End (Part 2).
Tony Shalhoub has portrayed the OCD-riddled Adrian Monk for eight seasons. Shalhoub has been nominated for an Emmy Award as Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for seven consecutive years (2003 – 2009). He won this Emmy Award in 2003, 2005, and 2006. I have been told that in person he is also an outstanding kind of guy, who you’d be proud to know. We salute you, Shaloub! Eight years is a lot of work.
Our favorite Monk episode titles (comment with yours!) We picked 11 favorite episode titles because we couldn’t just pick ten!
- #11 Mr. Monk Takes Manhattan (A classic Muppet title, redone)
- #10 Mr. Monk Meets Dale the Whale (We’re a sucker for rhymes!)
- #9 Mr. Monk and the Missing Granny (Reminds us of Mr. Magoo going missing!)
- #8 Mr. Monk and the Naked Man (Scandal, scandal, scandal.)
- #7 Mr. Monk and the Panic Room (The title itself makes us chuckle.)
- #6 Mr. Monk meets The Grandfather (It’s so ominous.)
- #5 Mr. Monk is At Your Service (Yes, please!)
- #4 Mr. Monk Stays in Bed (We’d love to stay in bed all day.)
- #3 Mr. Monk Paints His Masterpiece (We like to think of this as a metaphor for life.)
- #2 Mr. Monk Gets Lotto Fever (One day a year… we should all get lotto fever.)
- #1 Mr. Monk Goes to Group Therapy (One day a year…we should all attend group therapy! No, really.)
You can watch the Monk series finale on USA, this Friday (12/4) at 9/8 c.
Pictures from the Monk finale:
Two scenes from the Monk series finale after the cut.