The X Factor 2013: Who Has What It Takes To Win?| October 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM EST
It’s still early in the season of The X Factor 2013. In fact, the Top 16 will become the Top 12 after the first live shows. But it’s never too early to start looking at who has what it takes to win this thing.
I’m going to put together an informal listing of how I think the acts should rank based on what we’ve seen so far. I’ll start from best to worst.
1. Rion Paige. I think she’s one of the best singers in the competition. And she’s got a great story that a lot of people will respond to. I think she could go pretty far, if not all the way.
2. Restless Road. These guys have several things going for them. They’re good-looking guys and they’re country singers. And they were assembled by Simon Cowell. Could they be country music’s answer to One Direction? Who knows. But they’re good and should be around a while.
3. Jeff Gutt. I don’t expect Jeff to do this well, but I think he should. I think he’ll last though few eliminations though.
4. Carlos Guevara. I’m starting to wonder if he and Tim Olstad will cancel each other out. And will teen girls really resound to guys who aren’t traditionally pop star types?
5. James Kenney. I’m afraid James won’t make it past the first live show cuts. He SHOULD. But I’m afraid that won’t happen. Regardless, he ranks about here for me at the moment.
6. Tim Olstad. See No. 4.
7. Khaya Cohen. I think she’s talented, but I’m not sure she has the right look or presence for this competition. I’m interested to see what Demi does with her.
8. Alex & Sierra. I think these two lovebirds will wear thin really quickly. I’m already annoyed with their cuteness and quirkiness.
9. Ellona Santiago. I think Ellona will get overlooked by some of the bigger personalities. She’s a good singer, but there’s something lacking with her stage presence.
10. Josh Levi. He sounds great. I like him a lot. But I don’t see him standing out enough to go very far.
11. Roxxy Montana. I think as a group, they’re not that great. One of the sisters is a fantastic singer, however, and will probably have more luck as a solo artist.
12. Lillie McCloud. I think the generation gap she leaves between herself and the viewers will do her in. She’s crazy talented, though, and I hope I’m wrong.
13. Carlito Olivero. I think he’ll be the one guy cut from the first Live Show results.
14. Rachel Potter. I’m afraid the producers are pushing for her to stick around, so even though I want her cut first from the Over 25s, I’m afraid it might be James instead.
15. Danie Geimer. I would place about $1,000 on her going home first form the girls category.
16. Sweet Suspense. I can’t remember anything they’ve sang or if they were a pre-existing group or if Simon put them together. They’re that dull, boring and forgettable. If they don’t go home first form the groups, I’ll be surprised.
« The X Factor 2013: Meet The Over... | UPDATE: The X Factor 2013 Returns... »
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS! LEAVE A COMMENT NOW:Commenting Rules: Keep the conversation civil and on topic. If your comment does not add to the conversation or is insulting to others, it will be removed. Debate intelligently. No ALL-CAPS.
Leave a Reply
Commenting Rules: Keep the conversation civil and on topic. If your comment does not add to the conversation, it will be removed. Debate intelligently. Insulting the author, Big Big Brother, or other commentators will result in comment removal and possible ban. Any comments with links or flagged words will go into moderation before approval. Anything we deem as spam will not be approved. Comments left in ALL-CAPS will be deleted regardless of content.