The Voice 2013: Meet Team Adam| October 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM EST
The Voice 2013 Blind Auditions are over and we’ll be heading into the Battle Rounds next week. Each team will be cut in half buy then end of those battles, so let’s start taking a closer look at this Top 48 to get to know them a little better. We’ll start today with Team Adam.
Ashley DuBose, St. Paul, MN
- About the Artist: “As a single mother to three-year-old Camrynn, Ashley wears many hats. She has a bachelor’s in mathematics, recorded an EP and now works full-time as a programmer analyst – booking music gigs on the side. Ashley wants to prove to her daughter that nothing can get in the way of your dreams.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @AshleyDuBose
Barry Black, Las Vegas, NV.
- About the artist: “Born in American Samoa, Barry grew up traveling all over the West Coast before finally settling in Las Vegas with his family. He went to college in Washington for hotel management, but left once he realized he could make a career out of music. He now performs with his current band, Barry Black and the Sensuals.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @mrbarryblack
Donna Allen, Hallandale, FL.
- About the Artist: “Growing up in the South during the civil rights movement, Donna knows what it’s like to be a trailblazer. She was the first black homecoming queen at her high school and the first black professional cheerleader for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. She wants to continue that tradition and become the first over-40 winner of The Voice.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @DonnaAllenMusic
Grey, Jacksonville, FL
- About the Artist: “Grey grew up performing. She attended a performing arts high school, joined a rock band and studied music at Berklee School of Music in Boston. Now she performs three nights a week with a wedding band and works in retail to make ends meet.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @MusicbyGrey
James Irwin, St. Louis, MO.
- About the Artist: “James moved America during his Blind Audition for Season 4 with the story of losing his twin daughters at birth, but he didn’t make a team. Since the audition, James has stopped working construction to focus on music full-time. Back to prove he’s got what it takes, James will show the coaches and America a different side of his voice.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @jameskirwinstl
James Wolpert, Strasburg, PA
- About the artist: “After attending Carnegie Mellon for two years, James dropped out to pursue music. Despite his family’s hope of re-enrollment, he moved to Pittsburgh, where he was an Apple Store Genius by day and musician by night. James recently moved to LA for a fresh start and is hoping The Voice will help jumpstart his career.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @jamespwolpert
Justin Blake, Savannah, TN
- About the Artist: “Justin is a small-town country artist with a baby on the way. He works hard to provide a good life for his girlfriend and future daughter, but his small town has limited options. Justin would love nothing more than to start his music career on The Voice and provide for his future family.” — NBC
Matt Cermanski, Phoenixville, PA
- About the Artist: “After not making a team on Season 4, Matt took the coaches’ advice and began taking vocal lessons. He spent the year performing at local bars and restaurants to work on his craft. He returned to The Voice with the hope of connecting with America and jumpstarting his career.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @MattCermanski
Nic Hawk, Dallas, Texas.
- About the artist: “Growing up in the South during the civil rights movement, Donna knows what it’s like to be a trailblazer. She was the first black homecoming queen at her high school and the first black professional cheerleader for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. She wants to continue that tradition and become the first over-40 winner of The Voice.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @mrnichawk
Preston Pohl, St. Augustine, Texas
- About the Artist: “At 17, Preston moved out of his parent’s house and joined a Christian rock band with which he toured all over the U.S. Preston is ready to explore a solo career as a singer, and with his passion for writing and performing music, he thinks he’s got what it takes to be The Voice.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @prestonpohl
Tessanne Chin, Kingston, Jamaica
- About the Artist: “Growing up on the island of Jamaica with musical parents, Tessanne knew she always wanted to be a musician. For three years, she sang backup for reggae legend Jimmy Cliff, but eventually broke out as a solo artist in Jamaica. Tessanne has not been able to make any waves in the U.S., but she’s hoping that The Voice will take her global.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @Tessanne
Will Champlin, Los Angeles, CA
- About the Artist: “Will has music in his veins: His dad was a singer, songwriter and keyboardist for the rock band Chicago. Today, Will’s musical inspiration is his one-year-old daughter. Since graduating from the Berklee School of Music in Boston, Will has made ends meet by gigging all over Los Angeles as a musician, including singing backup vocals for Glenn Frey of The Eagles.” — NBC
- TWITTER: @willchamplin
« The Voice 2013: Best Of The Blind... | The Voice 2013: Meet Team Christina »