The Voice 2013 Battle Rounds Part 4 Live Recap: The Battles Conclude| October 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM EST
The Voice 2013 Battle Rounds conclude tonight and the artists making it through tonight will join the others in the upcoming Knockout Rounds.
The thing to watch out for tonight is Cee Lo’s steal. He has the one and only remaining steal and we can’t wait to see who it goes to.
As always, I’ll be recapping the show live. I’ll be reviewing each battle and sharing my thoughts on who I think should win each battle. So be sure to follow along and you can also feel free to add your thoughts as we go below in our comments section.
Team Cee Lo Jonny Gray vs. Shawn Smith, “Refugee.” Great song choice, Cee Lo. This should be a great battle.
This is right up Shawn’s alley. He sounds like this song was made for him. He’s got that rough, gruff sound that sets him off from others. But Jonny, though. He’s a great vocalist. He’s right on pitch and has a great energy. Especially on that bridge. Jonny and Shawn should both be in this show next week.
- My winner: Shawn. I have to give it him, even though it was super close, in my opinion.
- Cee Lo’s winner: Jonny
- The steal: Cee Lo is the only one with a steal left. Shawn is out.
Team Adam Barry Black vs. Preston Pohl, “I Wish It Would Rain.” That seems to be a good song choice for those two guys. Let’s see how they hand it though.
Why did Adam put these two together? Why would he do that to himself? I guess they are a little too similar in styles. They even sort of look alike. But I think I’d want them both on my team. They’re both soulful, smooth and extremely talented. I wouldn’t want to make this decision.
- My winner: Tie. Because frankly, I don’t have to make a decision. Ha.
- Adam’s winner: Preston
- The steal: Not used. Cee Lo made a terrible mistake.
It’s time for a speed-up montage. So since I can’t really review their performances, I’ll just share the results.
- Team Blake’s Holly Henry vs. Cilla Chan, “Torn.” Winner: Holly
- Team Blake’s Emily Randolph vs. Brandon Chase, “Tiny Dancer.” Winner: Brandon
- Team Cee Lo’s Tamara Chaunice vs. Keaira LaShae, “Big Girls Don’t Cry.” Winner: Tamara
Team Christina’s Olivia Henken vs. Stephanie Anne Johnson, “Done.” You’d think this song was picked for Olivia, but Stephanie can sing just about anything it seems.
And yes, Olivia can sing the song quite well, but so can Stephanie. She puts her own spin on it and it sounds great. And just when you think Olivia is doing better because she sounds country, like the song, Stephanie steps up with some tricks of her own. This was definitely a great battle and Christina has a hard decision to make. And if Cee Lo doesn’t steal the other one, he’s crazy.
- My winner: Olivia
- Christina’s winner: Olivia
- The steal: Cee Lo steals her. She’s still in it.
« The Voice 2013 Battle Rounds... | Olivia Henke & Stephanie Anne... »