I refuse to sugarcoat it, Ringer is not an excellent tv show. But there are a few reasons I keep watching.
Well, let’s just bullet point this.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is a good actress. I root for her. I love that she and Freddie Prinze Jr. gave their daughter a normal name. (Charlotte)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar has a fabulous hairstylist for this show, and the variety of her hairstyles are great.
- I’ve become a fan of Zooey Deutch, even moreso when I realized she’s the daughter of Lea Thompson. She’s gorgeous, and her character wears the best fashion on Ringer. Honestly! I like it much more than what we see Bridget and Sibohan wear.
More after the jump.
- I adore Jason Dohring. Too bad he got only about four minutes of screen time in this episode.
- And even though Juliet hardly gets enough screen time, I’ve grown to like her character a lot more. And her crush on her teacher is fun, even more so because he seems so secretive. That’s one of the shows best mysteries. Does he really not like her, or does he have a tiny thing he’s trying to squash?
- I enjoy seeing the real Siobhan punished. She’s a bitch.
I wouldn’t mind the crazy plots if the script was written with some levity and some more wit. Or, they could be dull but have a better plot. Either or. I’m not being picky.
Episode Grade: C
Rewatch: No. But I’d rewatch the Jason Dohring scenes if you put them on Youtube. It’s not even that I think he’s just super attractive, he’s just incredibly good at playing charming characters.
Ringer airs on Tuesdays on The CW.