Raising Hope has the best food on a TV show, anywhere. And it isn’t even a cooking show! (Sorry Food Network, try again another year.)
On Raising Hope “Killer Hope” tonight, viewers of the Fox sitcom were treated to seeing three employee’s shaping ground beef into animal shapes (with props) for a display case. There was a turkey, a pig, and a cat. Made out of ground beef. Can you even? I mean. Cannot. Form. Words. This comes after a proud tradition of the Waffle Log Cabin and the Breakfast Turtles. (Note: Someone ordering the cat meat was an obvious joke, but they had to go there. I think the saving grace was how Barney kind of shrugged and made the sale without correcting the shopper.)
Something I hated is that even though this Raising Hope episode aired a day after Halloween, the show still tried to incorporate some scary stuff into it. A Halloween themed TV episode is great, usually because it incorporates costumes. But an unsettling, creepy bit of stuf thrown into a show that isn’t usually creepy? It bothers me. You guess correctly that I did not enjoy the dream segment where Burt had been turned into a Jack-in-the-Box. (Aaah, shivers.)
- I loved the callback to the shopping cart from the pilot. (What they grill on.)
- Sabrina’s hair still bugs me.
- Didn’t the Chance family have some sort of Greenhouse that they put Maw Maw in for a bedroom at some point? Couldn’t they just have stayed in there instead of a “pod”?
- Does Burt really not realize he’s poor? That’s sweet.
- Toilet bucket chair. Many kudos to Martha Plimpton. You know why.
- Maw Maw’s magnetic stomach? Would that really work? Is it wrong that I really want to try!
- Also, her missing slipper. At first I thought it was just because the slipper and the bunny were the same color,t hen I realized it’s because she was wearing bunny slippers! Oh, genius.
- I wanted to use the phrase “meat cat” but I feel like Liz Lemon/Tina Fey/30 Rock owns that already.
This was probably my least favorite episode of Raising Hope season 2 so far. What did you guys think?
Virginia, Burt, Jimmy, Sabrina, Maw Maw and Hope camp out on the front lawn after their house becomes tented for termites, but getting caught in the rain is the least of their problems. After learning that Hope hit a boy at day care, the family attempts to stop arguing out of fear that she will follow in her serial killer mom’s footsteps in the all-new “Killer Hope” episode of RAISING HOPE airing Tuesday, November 1 (9:31-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
« Ringer ‘Oh Gawd,... | Glee Season 3 ‘Pot O... »