Inside are 32 amazing things I loved from the Parks and Recreation season 5 premiere episode.
Including: Tom the pig, Sparkle Suds, and a feelings update by Chris Traiger…
Parks and Recreation “Ms. Knope Goes to Washington” Review
First, a quick shout-out to the cast of Parks and Rec. Amy Poehler has never been more delightful than in her role as Leslie Knope, which is a huge feat as I find her charming even when picking her nose. (Have I seen this happen, I shall not disclose!) Aziz Ansari never misses a beat, Rashida Jones makes me want an Ann Perkins of my very own, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Pratt, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Adam Scott and Rob Lowe… There’s not a weak link in the bunch. And the writing has never been better than it is right now. (Good job, Greg Daniels and Michael Schur!)
- “You can practically smell the bills becoming laws.” – Leslie
- I love Leslie Knope because she motivates me and is so upbeat. But she’s somehow even better when she’s at her worst, like a cranky little kid having a moment. I just… love Leslie Knope!
- Romantic reunions, government meetings, self-guided museum tours.. am I living the dream? I don’t know. Did I also just walk past a food truck and buy myself a waffle sundae? YES!
- She bought Andy a guide book and then told him to throw it away. And he needs to buy – of all things – flip flops!
- Funsplosion! Parks N Dolls! “BBQ’s should be about one thing. Good shared meats.” No corn on the cob!
- National Treasure Movie = Andy’s history lessons.
- “How do I know this isn’t a treasure map just waiting to be unfurled?” – Andy
- “Leslie, this is a really cool penis.” – Andy
- “Everyone, meet your meat!” – Ron Swanson
- “This is your dinner, his name is Tom.” – Ron Swanson on Tom the Pig
- “He’s basically a dog. A dog we’re going to cook, kill, and swallow!” – Ron Swanson
- “No, pig Tom.”
- Leslie specifically wanted to see Lincoln’s pocket watch.
- “I’m hungry and my legs hurt. I feel like I just exercised.” – Tom
- Haverkins. Haverford/Perkins.
- Chris Traiger feelings update.
- Signature dance move for Ben and Leslie.
- Frolicking River Otters
- Raisins “It’s nature’s candy.”
- “Did you put glitter in the laundry detergent?” – Sparkle Suds
- Disco Dairy
- “So much free food at this party, I love politics.” Shrimp claw.
- Ron driving off with his smoking grill.
- How Leslie said “I’m not cranky.”
- John McCain
- Sparkle Skin by Annie
- “Ha, ha. Traveling.” – Andy
- Hot Rebecca
- “Your work is appreciated. Eat some corn. Also, here’s Tom.” – Ron
- Andy as a tour guide.The White House is the whitest house in America and also noteable for being where Sinbad lived in First Kid. The Oval Office is named after Oval Reddenbacher.
- I love where the plot is taking us. Leslie is getting jealous of Ben… it’s just so fun to be on this ride.
Photo: David Giesbrecht/NBC