It feels a little early to celebrate Thanksgiving (or am I just pretending that this holiday isn’t looming?), but New Girl did it in style on Fox last night. (Does that accidentally sound a little dirty?)
This episode was written by creator Elizabeth Meriwether and Justin Long guest starred as a guy who is so similar to Jess that it’s eerie. Thus, begging the eternal question – do you want to date yourself?
Here are shout-out’s to my favorite bits of the episode:
- Jess (Zooey Deschanel) in the turkey costume. Girls need to stop trying to be sexy for halloween. Just be adorable like Jess was as a turkey!
- Paul (Justin Long) in a gourd costume. Thank you for that, powers that be.
- “Dudesgiving” – Schmidt via e-mails
- “Is the turkey named Paul?” No. “Hanks Giving.”
- Schmidt’s kitchen control issues were such a blast. Partly because I share his same control enthusiasm. Wink. “And don’t say to me, ‘You’re using way too much tarragon.’ Cause I’m not.” “You will never hear me say that.” Tarragon is weird. I always hear you’re supposed to put it in chicken salad, though.
- Jess trying to heat the turkey using her body. Schmidt finding it hot.
- Nick and his turtle face. Which is, let’s be honest, totally a turtle face!
- Jess’s pink dress and bow. And before that, her pink flats, and crazy ponytail which normal people can only get if they employ a bump-it. (And I refuse to buy one of those.)
- Schmidt and Cece. “Beautiful savage.”
- Paul singing about what he was doing. I want to do this more in my life.
- “It’s like a Prince video.”
- “My lasic eye is freaking out.” – Schmidt
- Jess and Nick in general.
- “I want to have sex with him – big time!” – Jess
- The entire “bad play” excuse.
- The set dressing of Mrs. Beverly’s apartment was so cool and kind of asian with some big green fish behind the couch. I dug it.
- Cece and her pudding hand. You know that is going to be turned into the best gif ever, right?
- Jess’s black studded circle purse. New Girl fashion is great. I’ve tried to get in touch with the New Girl costume department (so I can tell you guys what labels to look for) but to no avail, as of yet.
New Girl Quotes
Schmidt: Here’s another tip, don’t ask a guy out on a first date, on the least sexy holiday in America.
Jess: What are the sexiest holidays in America?
Schmidt: The most sexy holidays are the 4th of July, Independence day, obviously. Women’s history month, and Christmas.
Schmidt: I wanna let you know up front that I have some control issues in the kitchen. So, if I’m gonna do this, I’m cooking the whole meal. I don’t want you touching anything. And I don’t want to hear ‘Schmidt, Schmidt, you’re using too much tarragon.’ Because I’m not.
Jess: You will never hear that from me!
Winston: Are we gonna be able to hang with Paul, or is he also a teacher?
Jess: No! He’s here early, how do I look?
Schmidt: …It’s better if you don’t know.
Jess: I just need you to not do that thing you do.
Nick: What thing? I don’t do a thing.
Jess: Yes, you get all mean and you make that little turtle face!
Schmidt: Well I can blanch or I can talk – but I can’t do both!
New Girl airs Tuesdays on Fox and stars Zooey Deschanel, Hannah Simone, Jake M. Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Harris
« The Story So Far: Revenge Recaps... | Revenge Characters: Keep Track... »
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS! LEAVE A COMMENT NOW:Commenting Rules: Keep the conversation civil and on topic. If your comment does not add to the conversation or is insulting to others, it will be removed. Debate intelligently. No ALL-CAPS.
6 Responses to “New Girl ‘Thanksgiving’ Review – The Most Sexy Holidays”
Leave a Reply
Commenting Rules: Keep the conversation civil and on topic. If your comment does not add to the conversation, it will be removed. Debate intelligently. Insulting the author, Big Big Brother, or other commentators will result in comment removal and possible ban. Any comments with links or flagged words will go into moderation before approval. Anything we deem as spam will not be approved. Comments left in ALL-CAPS will be deleted regardless of content.