YES, you should watch MTV’s Awkward, and YES, you should probably buy to have on hand for multiple viewings and the ability to loan it out to the poor, unfortunate souls who don’t even know what the show is.
Wondering if you’re too old, or too late to join in on the AWKWARD fun?
1. You’re not! Seriously, would I lie to you?
2. Even if you aren’t hip to young lingo, you’ll be amused by it and context clues will keep you from being in the dark. (It’s actually a great way to discover new phrases.)
3. Awkward is available on DVD – with separate DVD’s for season 1 and 2, or NOW – both in one DVD set!
4. It’s only going to keep getting better.
5. If you’re young at heart, it’ll remind you of sentimental days. Or…remind you why you’re so glad you grew up and don’t have to eat in sticky cafetaria’s anymore.
6. If you’re a young teen, you’ll see there are upsides to being a teenager, and you WILL survive if you find some good friends and have good support (with both bras and parental figures.)
7. The series is witty, fun, and wickedly addicting. That’s why I always encourage you Small Screen Scooper’s to watch it!
MTV’s hit series about the trials and tribulations of being a teenager, “awkward.: Seasons 1 & 2” arrives on DVD Oct. 1 from Paramount Home Media Distribution, just in time for the Season 3, Part 2 premiere Oct. 22. The first two seasons of the uproarious comedy will be available together for the first time in a four-disc set that includes all 24 episodes, plus a wealth of special features including webisodes, awkward moments with the cast, a tour of the set, pranks and much more.
“Awkward.” captures the humor within the struggles and experiences everyone can relate to from their formative years. The series follows 15-year-old Jenna Hamilton (Ashley Rickards) as she navigates high school with a new not-so-fun stigma, while at the same time managing the other daily dramas that come with being a teenager. From a secret relationship with a popular guy, to being undermined by a mean girl, to parents who just don’t get it, Jenna’s misfortune will eventually serve as the catalyst for amazing change, but not without some missteps and mishaps along the way.
In stores and available now, “awkward.: Seasons 1 & 2” retails for $26.99.
Series created by created by Lauren Iungerich. Stars: Ashley Rickards, Jillian Rose Reed, Brett Davern, Beau Mirchoff, Nikki DeLoach, Desi Lydic, Molly Tarlov, Jessica Lu, and Greer Grammer.
Item was provided for review.
Don’t you dare be a spaz and miss all-new episodes of “Awkward,” when the series returns Oct. 22 at 10:30 p.m. Only on MTV.
« X Factor’s Fifth Harmony Joining... | ‘American Horror Story:... »