Time to get cultured, ya’ll! To aid promotion of the USA Network Character Approved Awards for 2011, there are some major giveaways going on from the USA Network. Small Screen Scoop is lucky enough to be able to run one. Check out the cool information about the awards and what you can win. This is a great cause to celebrate.
People being honored include Nicole Krauss (you must read “The History of Love” it’s so good I rec’d it to my Granny, even. And yes, I call her Granny) Blake Mycoskie (TOMS shoes!) and Lily Rabe (who is beautiful, omg.)
Some info, first! On Tuesday March 8th at 11/10c, USA Network will premiere the Character Approved Awards, honoring 12 cultural trailblazers across the areas of Architecture, Art, Design, Fashion, Film, Food, Giving, Music, New Media, Theatre and Writing. The Awards pay tribute to the visionaries and real “characters” from a cross-section of creative disciplines who are changing the face of American culture.
Visit the official Character Approved site at http://bit.ly/CharacterApproved. Watch videos from some of this year’s nominees and enter for a chance to win a Character Approved gift bag below.
Enter for a chance to win a prize pack with items featuring each of this year’s honorees! Gift bag includes:
* Pictures of architect Walter Hood’s and fashion designer Prabal Gurung’s work on an Aaxa Junior Pocket Projector
* Davis Guggenheim’s “Waiting for Superman” on DVD
* Write Nicole Krauss’ book “Great House”
* A $75 gift card for a pair of Blake Mycoskie’s “TOMS Shoes”
* A copy of the play Lily Rabe recently starred in “The Merchant of Venice”
* A copy of “Waste Land” on DVD, an exploration of the work of Vik Muniz
* Designer Emily Pilloton’s book “Design Revolution”
* Janelle Monae’s album “ArchAndroid”
* FourSquare T-Shirt
* A cookbook from chef Grant Achatz’s restaurant Alinea
Prize courtesy of USA Network. Prize pack value: $500
THIS USA GIVEAWAY OPEN TO THE USA AND CANADA
Find the following videos: HERE (And the Lily Rabe one is really endearing. The Walter Hood video made me tear up.)
Writer Nicole Krauss on Building Connections For Her Novels
Filmmaker Davis Guggenheim on Becoming a Documentary Director
TOMS Shoes Inventor Blake Mycoskie on Giving Shoes to Children in Need
Walter Hood, Lily Rabe, Vik Muniz, Janelle Monae and more.
– Giveaway ends on March 8th, 2011
MANDATORY FIRST ENTRY: For your main entry, leave a thoughtful comment on another post on SmallScreenScoop.com that isn’t a giveaway, and tell me what post you commented on. (Be specific about the title but there’s no need to copy and paste the url of the page, thank you!)
EXTRA CREDIT ENTRIES: MORE WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING! (You must do the main entry first, post an additional comment for every bonus entry you do! You can post comments for being a subscriber/follower if you’ve previously signed up/followed.)
* 1 point – Subscribe to the Small Screen Scoop Newsletter
* 1 point – Stumble this page, comment w/your stumbleupon name
* 2 points for your first follow, 1 if you already are – Follow both ThisJessicaRae AND SSScoop on Twitter.
* 6 points for your first fanning, 1 point if you are already a fan – Fan the Small Screen Scoop Facebook page
* 1 point – Post about this giveaway on your own blog/website
* 1 point – Blogroll us
* 2 points – Tweet about the giveaway RT @Ssscoop I’d love to #Win a Grand Prize Pack worth $500.00! Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/youcanwinwithus
* 4 points – Comment on another post on this TV blog (Small Screen Scoop) that isn’t a giveaway post and name the title.
* 1 point – Be honest, how often do you check out our TV blog? Let us know when do you, and what posts grab your attention.
* 1 point – If you’ve won here before and you’re back, you’re loyal and we LOVE you for that. Let us know that you’ve won before, and what you won.
* 1 point – If you’ve never won with us, let us know either what other giveaway of ours you’ve entered, or how you found our site today!
* 1 point – True or False: Perez Hilton and The Huffington Post have both linked to us. (Googling on our site to find the answer is allowed. Hint: the About page!) Q # 1
* 1 point – True or False: We’re quoted in the new USA Network TV promos for Fairly Legal. Q # 2
* 1 point – True or False: We’ve interviewed both Lucy Liu and Heidi Klum. Q # 3
* 1 point – True or False: We’ve interviewed both Drew Barrymore and Ryan Seacrest. Q # 4
* 1 point – True or False: Ian Somerhalder has tweeted a link to our TV blog not once, but twice. Q # 5
* 1 point – True or False: We may be slightly obsessed with Gossip Girl fashion. Q # 6
* 1 point – True or False: We already posted our review for the Fairly Legal finale. Q # 7
* 1 point – True or False: A USA Network show we cover a lot as it airs is Covert Affairs. Q # 8
* 1 point – True of False: We’ve talked to both Matthew Bomer and Tim Dekay of White Collar. Q # 9
USA residents only, unless otherwise noted. Winner must be 18+, with no P.O. box. Winner(s) will be chosen at random and will have 24 hours to respond with their shipping info. Winner is subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited by law. This TV Blog is not responsible for shipping of prizes. Prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.
Visit Small Screen Scoop daily because winning free stuff can clear up your skin and makes you feel happy!