I’ll tell you right now: my favorite thing about this episode was what Marshall said about a jump rope.
A recap of the best things in the episode:
- The idea that if you haven’t used something in the last year, you should put it in the triangle aka give it away.
- Marshall as the Blonde Fay Wray and Lily as King Kong.
- Barney getting a “Dad.”
- Hand’s Free Belt Satchels aka fanny packs.
- Ted telling Robin she’s a girl.
- Robin burying a locket as a child.
- Marshall with the jump rope (quote below.)
- How Ted is such a great friend to Robin.
Of course, those are just the highlights.
A recap of the “eh” things in the episode:
- Robin never even tried to call Lily or Marshall, so of course it was only Ted who could show up.
- The show may be re-visiting Robin and Ted…again. And most of us are sick of it.
- Odd CGI Bean Bag filler on the screen…
- The idea of old Dorito dust. Gag.
- The mystery of how a locked and buried box could have lost the key. Unless Robin’s Dad went back and took the locket out all that time ago?
- A picture of our trio as Destiny’s Child. Ted as Beyonce is … yea.
- Ted’s words about the universe and signs.
Best How I Met Your Mother Quotes from “Something Old”
“Where did you bury this tampon?” – Robin’s Dad
“It’s a LOCKET.” – Robin
“Sorry, I get all of these girly things confused.” – Robin’s Dad
“Are you kidding? I hop threads every morning, son.” – Marshall, about jump ropes
“I only have one rule: for every three tens you bang, throw a bone to a five.” – Barney
“I hate New York. It’s like Edmonton without the arts and culture”. – Robin’s Dad
“We were not your backup dancers bitch, we were a group” – Marshall
“I’m sorry but are you married to Jay-Z?” – Ted
“If Michael Jordan is healthy you don’t let Scottie Pippen run the offense” – Barney
“You can’t cling to the past because no matter how hard you hold on, it’s already gone” – Ted
“Maybe it’s dumb to look for signs from the universe. Maybe we don’t need the universe to tell us what we really want. … maybe we already know that deep down.” – Ted
“Maybe we don’t have to give meaning to every little thing.” – Ted