Grease is the word, and the Apocalypse is probably/definitely coming. But what you really didn’t know is that Jesus prefers Orbitz over Southwest Airlines. Glee season 4 continued with “The Break-up.”
Glee “The Break-up” Quotes
I’m gonna take this down to the park and watch drug deals go down. – Kurt
Everyone graduated and things got weird. – Brittany
I used to be the man of her dreams, but now we’re not even in the same world. – Finn
Please stop pretending there is nothing wrong. – Kurt
I was with someone. – Blaine
I was waiting for someone to come out. Kinda hoping it’d be you. – Kurt to Finn
Six months ago, did you ever think that things would be like this? – Kurt
Hi, boobless. – Kitty
The Book of Revelations predicted Twitter. – Kitty
Jesus just logged onto Orbitz and booked himself a flight to earth. – Kitty
Unique wants to do Hedwig! – Unique
The wisdom of Solomon – Artie about Finn
Grease is the word! – Mr. Schuester
I counted the number of times you’d smile at me and die on days you didn’t. …This is where we fell in love… Where I could say things with music, when words just weren’t enough. – Santana to Brittany
Sad songs make me really sad and I don’t wanna be sad. – Brittany S. Pierce
I had… an energy exchange. – Santana
You know I will always love you the most. – Santana to Brittany
I am like a bad Carrie Underwood song once I get going. – Kitty
Obama’s gonna lose. – Kitty
This is what a man looks like. This is how a man loves. – Rachel
When it comes to you, I’m always going to be that moon-eyed girl who freaked you out at our first Glee rehearsal. You were the first boy who made me feel loved and sexy and visible. You are my first love. And I want, more than anything, for you to be my last. But I can’t do this anymore. At least not now. We’re done. – Rachel
Glee “The Break-up” Review Notes
- Croque Madam. I once tried making Croque Monseiur while I was in a French class in high school, and I never tried again after that. But the point remains that fancy breakfast/brunch food is some of the best food in the world. Especially if it’s French in origin. Or eaten very late at night. (Doesn’t everyone think so? Pancakes at midnight are delicious!)
- Brittany S. Pierce is reading about the end times. That’s the kind of crap I freak out about. It’s randomly perfect that she’s looking into all of this. Figures that Brittany will be the only one prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse!
- Who do you blame for these break-ups? I think that’s a big question for fans. Is it Finn’s fault for pushing Rachel away and then not contacting her for a while? Or is it Rachel’s fault for not waiting longer for him, and trying to push pause on her life in NYC? And is it Blaine’s fault for cheating on Kurt or Kurt’s fault for being too busy for his boyfriend? The “obvious” answers would paint both Rachel and Blaine as the ones to blame. But it’s not so cut-and-dry. Long distance relationships are so hard… and at least both of them came clean about their cheating. You have to look at the reason why they cheated as part of the problem, too. I think all four of these people played a part in these break-ups. It’s actually easier for me to blame Finn and Kurt. Finn lost touch with his girlfriend and she had no way to contact him, and Kurt has been the one unavailable for Blaine.
- Kurt and Finn having a hug and a goodbye was so sweet.
- Fake rapture? Weird. Dottie is really cute. “We’ve been left behind!” “Dottie seems pretty damaged.”
- It’s true, Grease is one of the best, most beloved musicals for all age demographics.
- Mr. Schu is being selfish again, everyone take a shot if you’re playing a Glee drinking game.
- Why are these terrible hats the thing that Marley defines her style with? Melissa Benoist, please go burn them all, okay?
- Pitch Perfect is Glee: the movie. Why is anyone pretending otherwise? It’s not “so original.” Producer type people saw how much money Glee was making and decided to jump on this bandwagon to make money for themselves. It’s that simple and that disgusting.
- Rachel breaking up with Finn was a really smart move. Painful, yes. Messy? Maybe. But smart.
Finn Hudson and Blaine Anderson “Barely Breathing” (Duncan Sheik)
The lyrics are so perfect for both of these characters, and Duncan Sheik is always going to be one of my favorite bands. Damn, Glee, you’re getting to me! Darren Criss is so talented that it makes fake cartoon steam come out of my ears when I think about what a superstar he is.
Rachel Berry and Brody Weston “Give Your Heart a Break” (Demi Lovato)
Oh, Finn, you break my heart! He pushed Rachel to sing with the super hot Brody… almost as a way of self-flagellation. Lea Michele really rocked these vocals. Rachel has too much natural chemistry with Brody for Finn to ignore. Sigh. Even though I don’t like Finchel, I still feel bad for Finn’s fictional feelings! That’s just the kind of girl I am. Dean Geyer can’t help how handsome he is, either.
Blaine Anderson “Teenage Dream” (Katy Perry)
The pain, the pain! The pain in his voice was tangible. And who will ever get tired of hearing Darren Criss singing this? No one! This was such a powerful scene, you could see their break-up happening through the song. And the lyrics aren’t anything about breaking up, either. It wasn’t like he was singing “we must break up, honey” or something. It was all about his performance. Wow. Emotional. I wonder how many takes they did of that.
Finn Hudson and Blaine Anderson, Rachel Berry and Kurt Hummel “Don’t Speak” (No Doubt)
More 90’s music? I love it! I think it was really cool to have four voices doing this song, with the montages of the couples. Arrgh, pain!
Santana Lopez “Mine” (Taylor Swift)
I think this might be a confusing song for Brittany and I to hear. Is she breaking up or affirming their love? There’s a lot of past tense in the song, but then it’s present tense and, augh. I can’t figure it out! This song is torture! I do think Santana bringing people in to help her sing to Brittany is incredibly sweet. By the end of the song I thought they were affirming their love, but… no… it’s a non-official break-up! Aw, man.
Finn Hudson, Blaine Anderson, Santana Lopez, Kurt Hummel, Brittany S. Pierce, Will Schuester, Emma Pillsbury, Rachel Berry “The Scientist” (Coldplay)
Sometimes I forget Coldplay exists. Then I remember. And their songs break my heart again. I love that they sang this on the stage. Seeing Emma and will was a surprise. Wow, and flashbacks? OUCH. MY HEART. WHY WHY WHY. Dear Lord. God, remember all those first kisses we cheered for? They’re just sad memories now. BECAUSE NOW WE’RE ALL ALONE. OMG. SOMEONE HOLD ME.
Photo Credit: FOX
Be sure to check back for more and stay with us at SMALLSCREENSCOOP.com and join us on Twitter (@SSSCOOP) and Facebook (SMALLSCREENSCOOP’S PAGE) for episode guides, recaps, giveaways and exclusive interviews with your favorite TV stars.
Follow TV Critic Jessica Rae on Twitter @ThisJessicaRae.
« Cougar Town Season 4 Promo... | The Office Season 9... »