Admit it, it’s been far too long since you’ve seen Mike Chang’s abs in the Glee season 2 premiere. And that’s not to mention how much we all miss the character of Sunshine Corazon, Brittany S. Pierce as Britney Spears, and Gwyneth Paltrow talking about Lindsay Lohan in Spanish.
“How can you get caught between the moon and New York City. They’re like a hundred miles apart.” – Finn Hudson
“Can we move on?” – Rachel
“Yes, let’s talk about Michael Bolton.” – Mr. Schuester
Glee Season 2 Volume 1 gives us ten incredibly great Glee episodes. Inside of these episodes you find the greatly hyped (and then lauded) Britney Spears themed episode, the Glee wedding, the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode, and high-caliber guest stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Carol Burnett, and John Stamos.
“You wear more vests than the cast of ‘Blossom’.” – Sue Sylvester
I love that the cover features the slushie theme. The actual discs have art with slushie splashes, and Sharpie marks that make it look like “Glee” has been vandalized to read “GleeK out!” You know, it’s just so fun! And everything about Glee is supposed to be fun. Well, except for the tender and emotional moments of change and growth.
It’s not enough to just hear the songs again, I love watching the performances – which is why the Glee Music Jukebox is always so great and convenient. If you don’t want to watch a full episode, you can just watch any individual, full performance. The one way they could improve this feature is by including lyrics (some of us aren’t cool enough to know all the lyrics to Rhianana’s songs.)
While there hasn’t been nearly enough Emma Pillsbury (Jayma Mays) in Glee season 2, I’m glad there has been an emphasis on Naya Rivera and Heather Morris. Santana belting out “Valerie” while Mike and Brittany danced for Sectionals was outstanding.
Featured on the cover, Morris is becoming one of the strongest shining stars of Glee – one that I didn’t ever expect to love this much. In the ten episodes of season 2, Brittany has become one of my favorite characters on Glee. I didn’t dislike her during season 1, but she seemed more like a background character. But now she’s essential!
The 10 episodes in Glee Season 2 Volume 1 are: Audition, Britney/Brittany, Grilled Cheesus, Duets, The Rocky Horror Glee Show, Never Been Kissed, The Substitute, Furt, Special Education and a Very Glee Christmas.
“I don’t brush my teeth. I rinse my mouth out with soda after I eat. I was pretty sure Dr Pepper was a dentist.” – Brittany Pierce
“GLEE” SEASON 2: VOLUME 1 Extras:
● Bonus song from The Rocky Horror “Glee” Show recorded exclusively for the DVD. “Planet, Schmanet, Janet”: It’s not choreographed since that would have taken a lot of time. It’s actually the same black background and red lips you see in the beginning of the episode. The song isn’t incredibly long, but it’s fun anyway.
● The Making of The Rocky Horror Show 6:45: This is packed with interview snippets from everyone talking about working on this episode. You’ll love seeing Jayma Mays saying, “It’s abbulous!”
● “GLEE” Music Jukebox
● Getting Waxed with Jane Lynch 6:06
○ Sue Sylvester Madame Tussaud’s wax figure from modeling to ceremony: “Wouldn’t it be funny if Sue Sylvester commissioned these people to make this?” asked Lynch. And yes! But I love that she and the character were honored. It’s fun to see the intricate details of what is involved – from making a handprint in a clay-looking surface to having a face entirely covered in pen dots. I would NOT have the patience to be someone who makes these sculptures. It takes 3-4 months to make one of these.
● The Wit of Brittany 2:20
○ Brittany’s most “profound” moments from Season 1 and the first half of Season 2: She forgets her middle name, can’t turn on a computer, and she thinks her cat is eating her diary. Why wouldn’t you love her? I’m ready to make her the Godparent of any future kids! I wonder if she ever babysits – she would be the best babysitter ever.
● “GLEE” at Comic-Con 2010 14:53: I know that many fellow Gleeks were either at the Comic-Con or have seen this coverage on YouTube, but this is great to show impatient parents/friends and to see the highlights in pristine video quality. It’s very fun to see your favorite characters as the actors they are and have them reveal some of their favorite quotes and songs. And being able to observe everyone interacting is always amazing (let’s be professional voyeurs!)
Glee is fun, so jump on in and get your inner Gleek on. The Glee season 2 volume 1 dvd release date: January 25, 2011 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
« Heidi Klum Talks About those Nasty... | GOSSIP GIRL Fashion for Less:... »