January 10, 2014 at 1:49 AM EST
Hey, Greendale has stables (now)!
Community Season 5, Episode 3 Recap “Basic Intergluteal Numismatics”
Pro’s of Community “Basic Intergluteal Numismatics”
- Shirley’s sons singing “Creep.”
- The immediate way we could tell this episode was formatted after a drama/crime show.
- Annie’s binder of newspaper clippings.
- The music and credits being changed to accommodate the episode. There really is a formula for everything, isn’t there?
- The idea that all of the students are bloggers, writing for different Greendale newspapers, and all want quotes and pictures.
- “Human’s make better banks than Piggies.”
- “He should be called “the run-on-sentence” bandit.”
- The idea behind Defcon 4. Who understands defcon’s?
- Professor Duncan is back!
- Protesting the wrong Korea!
- The ACB is code for The Ass Crack Bandit
- Annie and Jeff together again, like partners in a crime show. The seriousness of it all!
- Troy as a victim, and Abed with cups of water and gray blankets for him “This is how they comfort victims in movies.”
- “Guess what, your two cents is changed, and it’s banned!” – Dean
- “If you wanna make trouble, go to Parker Brothers, you’re out!” – Dean
- “All sandwich five dollars, sorry, no change!” – Shirley
- The song being requested from the radio to Real Neal. The paranoia everywhere!
- “I see a man, using a social disorder as a procedural device. I see another man… Mildly autistic super detective’s everywhere. Basic Cable..Broadcast networks… Pain…painful writing. It hurts.” – Abed
- Jeff Winger IS A DAVE MATTHEWS FAN. Who isn’t? “Excuse me for being alive in the 90’s and having two ears connected to a heart.”
- Annie’s research took about 40 seconds. That was a fun bit. “Done!”
- Troy’s Law. “A camera in the bathroom is better than a quarter in your but.”
- Belts, Briefs, and Bodies.
- “Bend over with friends over.”
- “I got cracked!”
- Neal’s yelling.
- “The student that attended can vouch for him.” Of the science dance.
- Ben Folds!In an evil lab that reminds me of that Batman movie with Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy.
- “Let me be like the 50’s person to ask, what is this?” – Dean, about the “cutsie capers.”
- Snapping to trace a call.
- Platonic Shoulder Holding
- “Real fans call him Dave”
- Annie getting her dropped keys.
- That this episode was like a really amazing 90’s horror movie for teens. Like Urban Legend, back before Jared Leto started wearing eyeliner and Alicia Witt got a nose job.
- Pierce is dead.
- “To date, no more crackings have been reported.” That means that even if it WAS Pierce, we could always have a copycat!
Con’s of Community “Basic Intergluteal Numismatics”
- How true Abed’s ideas about Basic Cable crime shows are with their formula.
- Chang’s backwards disguise. (Although I did enjoy the churro bit.)
- Not sure if I enjoy that they invented stables, or not.
- How braindead and dumb the ACB was. Why couldn’t he be clever AND like ass cracks?
- Starburns is back. I kind of don’t care. So that’s a con. They can’t keep recycle things that people used to like, to make us like the show. We need new things to love.
- The weird force from the writers about how Britta and Professor Duncan are going to get together. (So Jeff and Annie will be the new couple, for good.)
- Nobody but Jeff and Annie got cool crime-show alter egos.
- So who was the ass crack bandit…, it was everyone? Or Pierce?
- The special songs in this episode. Eeeehhh.
- Community is prepping us for Donald Glover leaving, so the endings aren’t Troy and Abed anymore. This time it’s Starburns and a cat car. his Kickstarter mocking was pretty enjoyable, I guess.