This hidden gem on DirectTV is exactly the high-quality program you crave.
DIRECTV ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL CAST FOR NEIL LABUTE’S SERIES OF SHORT FILMS “ten x ten”
Second Set of Short Films will Star Adam Brody, Maggie Grace, Jason Patric, Amy Madigan and Bill Pullman and Premiere Wednesday, March 12 at 10 p.m.
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., February 19, 2014 – DIRECTV has announced the cast of the second set for films in ten x ten, the series of 10 shorts written, directed and produced by Neil LaBute (The Shape of Things, In the Company of Men) exclusively for DIRECTV’s Audience Network.
The ten x ten cast
Each of the 10 minute films features one actor telling their story directly to the viewer — in effect breaking the fourth wall. The second set of five films, which recently wrapped production in Los Angeles, will star Adam Brody (Some Girls), Maggie Grace (Taken; Taken 2), Jason Patric (Your Friends and Neighbors), Amy Madigan (Gone Baby Gone) and Bill Pullman (While You Were Sleeping).
About ten x ten series 2
Each film explores the nature of human relationships, specifically themes of love and lust, told by characters at different stages in their lives.
- Brody portrays a young man bemoaning his impending hair loss and talking about his ‘ideal’ woman.
- Grace’s character is a woman talking about a friend who was killed in a car accident while texting her boyfriend.
- Patric embodies a man recounting the tale of a fight between parents that he was involved in at a little league game.
- Madigan plays a woman confessing to slowly having lost her will to live and asks a visitor for some spiritual help.
- Pullman becomes a man considering the ever-changing culture around him and his evolving views on love and life.
About ten x ten series 1
The first set of films star Frederick Weller (In Plain Sight, The Good Wife), Jenna Fischer (The Office), Louisa Krause (Martha Marcy May Marlene, Young Adult), Richard Kind (Luck, Burn Notice, Curb Your Enthusiasm) and Judith Light (Other Desert Cities, Assembled Parties).
- Weller’s character is a man who relays the story of an encounter he had with a woman sitting next to him on a flight. Fisher portrays a woman telling about the abuse she suffered at the hands of her husband and about her new life partner.
- Krause’s character is a young woman who discusses the way in which she takes control of her sexual destiny.
- Kind portrays a man discussing his feelings about his long-time marriage and his views on same-sex marriage as well.
- Light becomes a woman remembering the ‘man who got away’ while discussing her former marriage and her new boyfriend.
via press release